Wednesday, May 28, 2008

God is fast at work in the Needles' House!!

Wow, we have had an amazing last couple of weeks here at the Needles. God is working so diligently here on our behalf. I fail Him daily and He comes in and cleans up my mess and rewards my efforts too! Crazy but, oh so God! He rewards me with an Eyob that is growing and bending. An Eyob that is beginning to find his perfect place in this family and an Eyob that is feeling at home in this house! Eyob is so in love with the members of this family; his relationships just keep growing and growing. Eyob has stopped calling out momma hundreds of times a day, because he knows his momma is there. Just a couple of nights ago I hear his little feet running through the house in the middle of the night only to listen to them run into the bathroom, flip the light on, go potty, flip the light off and run back to his bed and fall fast asleep without a word. Why? Because our Eyob is at home! I smiled so BIG and gave thanks to an awesome God! We still have a long way to go, but our young man is headed toward the young man we desire him to be. We are blessed with the opportunity to watch this little life unfold, not to mention I can be certain that a part of who he is...is because of me.



Eyob fills my days with so many wonderful things, like. . . fake sneezes (honestly they are more like a cough) just so he can hear me say "Bless you, Eyob" and if I don't catch it immediately then he blesses himself. His language is coming along quickly; he is very smart (if I do say so myself)! After he hears something a few times then he begins to say it back to me. Every night as I put him to bed I say "Sweet dreams, Mister" so as soon as he wraps his little arms around my neck at bedtime he will say "Sweet dreams, Mommy!" During bedtime prayer he crawls up on my lap and puts his arms around my neck and his face in my neck and quietly repeats everything I say, it is precious! He comes running out of his bedroom every morning to me so he can hear me say "Well, Good morning, Mister!" and he then says "Good Morning, Mommy!" I can't tell you the number of times a day he looks at me with the silliest face and says "Whatcha doin' mommy?" Eyob whom I call "Mister" most of the time loves the movie Shrek; I mean LOVES, LOVES the movie Shrek! The only thing I'm not sure about yet is that he will look at me in one of his silly faces and say "Mommyyyy, Donkeyyyy!" I mean seriously, is he calling me a donkey? I'm just not sure:) Needless to say Eyob is bringing much joy and many, many laughs to this house!


Eyob and Ali at Grandma's and Grandpa's

Mister Eyob Scott

Playing in the rain~He LOVES umbrellas!

He is now a successful bike rider. . .with training wheels:)

First smore, and honestly didn't love it!



Amelia and Eyob are little buddies! We can see God working in their little hearts to bring them together as brother and sister!

It just happens when you have four sisters! I mean come on, he's pretty enough to be a girl ;)


And then there is Abel. . . .sweet, sweet Abel! Abel is just that, SWEET! He is so very content, happy, filled with joy. He sings with joy all the time! Well, he sings or screams whichever you prefer. He is VERY vocal; lots of happy sounds that are really just about too loud most of the time. We have to laugh and pray that he grows out of it, because a teenager that likes to hear their own voice just can't be good:) Abel would love to be a crawler, but not quite yet! He is what we refer to as a "mover and shaker"; always on the move, no matter what he is always on the move!! He is really starting to take everything in. It is precious to watch him sit and study something; moving it back and forth from hand to hand, sitting still and quiet for a moment to take it all in, PRECIOUS! Mind you it may simply be his paci or toy he has played with hundred times before; maybe he just thinks he's big stuff moving it hand to hand, who knows I just know it entertains this mom! He is also just days away from his first tooth! His nose is a faucet and those two little bottom teeth are going to be debuting very soon. I'll post a pic as soon as I can:) Oh, and did I mention that he likes to blow his spit all over; he literally foams at the mouth. I'm blaming it on teething:)


Another really great thing about this little guy is that he loves his momma. I mean he loves his whole family, but he makes this momma feel special! He shows so much joy when he see me. He desires me to be with him all the time; he'll do anything as long as I'm sitting right there. He wants to be touching always, he reaches for me and longs to be with me even if I'm just across the room. No one can take the place of his momma and that fills my heart with joy!

Momma tells me I could be a model!

Lovin' Life!

Praise Jesus my Momma buckles my seat belt:)

Thank goodness I have that big belly!

Legos and cars, Love them!

Just because I'm cute!

The whole family at the same place at the same time:) Not so easy to do anymore!

Coming soon. . . .an update on the family as a whole. There are a number of wonderful members to this family that make it so special and there are a lot of great things going on around here. I'll get a slide show together of all the sweet faces that make up this clan we have been blessed to call "FAMILY!"

**Blog friends~ thank you for being so patient with me:)


13 comments:

Joy said...

I just found your blog recently and your family is beautiful. Your little boys are just gorgeous and it is such a blessing to hear the gains they have made in such a short amount of time. I loved scanning your blog and seeing the details of how the Lord has worked out all the details in such amazing ways. May God use them to do great things for His kingdom!
That all may know Him,
Joy

The Redman's said...

Ohhh..... I loved your update!! So precious and real. I've been thinking about your sweet family and checking your blog for updates. :) I do think Ethiopians need to take over the modeling world!! My goodness-- could those boys of yours be any more ADORABLE?!?!?!?

-Suzi

Michael and Michelle said...

Thank you for the update!! Your family is precious!! I can't wait for more!!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

So excited to see how God is working in your house. It is encouraging, as we wait for a court date to bring home our 2yo and (now)3 mos. old boys home from Ethiopia. How awesome to see God at work in the lives of all your children. In the grip of His grace -Kim ksseitz@excite.com

Melissa said...

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!! What an exciting time for your family! The boys fit right in and are so adorable. And the four sisters are amazing--so much love is evident in their eyes! Thanks you for sharing and for your encouraging and honest comments! Such fun to follow your story!

Melissa (Va.)

Anonymous said...

ok too funny on the swing shot. Bryn does the same thing and it really freaks me out!!!! I came home from church today.....(well after my 2 hour nap) and read the blog. I tell ya you warmed my heart to read and hear the new blessings that have finally started to be routine. These two boys are so lucky and adorable I might add. Eyob man what can you say that smile. So glad you are finding your groove it has been a long awaited thing!! We need to get together soon. With 9 kids between us it is bound to be a great time!

C said...

Love the pictures! your family is so adorable, I love to see God at work in your family! Keep the pictures coming ;)!!!!

Michelle Riggs said...

Great update! Sami and I loved seeing all of the pictures. God has bought you so far in such a short time. Please tell Eyob hi from Sami.

Anonymous said...

oh my! your family is SO beautiful! thanks for sharing a little more about life with the boys.

Maria and Family said...

Your family is so beautiful !! I love the pictures :) Maria

A Team said...

HEY!
I have a new blog address...
If you put it on your blog roll, list us as the A-Team...
We are trying to be a little more ambiguous with personal information.

www.tnateam.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Trace

Erica said...

Praise the Lord!!! I'm so happy to read what God is doing in your sweet family. The boys are just precious. Isn't it sweet to see how God knits our hearts together to our children and their hearts to ours? How sweet it is. Oh and my husband has that AE shirt too. ;)

Robin said...

Heather,
WOW! God is truly doing amazing things in your family:) You are so very happy!! It is heartwarming to see and hear about all of the ways the Father is blending your family together. Great blog!
Robin