Friday, May 2, 2008

The LOOOOONG awaited update....

Please accept my apologies for taking so long to get anything on this blog!! We have been very busy with the day to day here at the Needles' home, and after 5weeks home it is STARTING to feel like we may see "normal" again:)

Everyone is adjusting well; God is so good and His grace is always pouring out on us!! I have learn so much about myself through this adoption and God continues to teach and change me each and every day!

Abel is 6 months old and is perfect. He is sitting up all by myself as of yesterday. He is absolutely beautiful, his smile is amazing, he's happy and content; we are falling so in love with him!! Amelia is amazing with him! She takes precious care of him; I love to watch her being mother.


Eyob is giving us so much of himself, he has the sweetest spirit ever! He is full of love, joy, fear, and insecurities. Everyday we have to pour more of ourselves into Eyob then we have the strength to pour; it is such a Jesus kind of love! I look up to our God daily and literally say "I have reached my limit please help me love Eyob like Jesus does." And everyday He helps me to move a step closer to Eyob; the reward is that God fills the gaps and for every step forward I take Eyob takes three. We have breakthroughs with Eyob that melt my heart; I feel more attached and in love with him everyday. His walls are BEGINNING to crumble and I look forward to the day that we look at Eyob and see a confident and secure little man!


Everyday we do what love does and know that true love is growing like little wild fires in our very souls; we have two amazing sons and an amazing God that sustains us through each and everyday! Thank for thinking of us; we are on an awesome journey and it's not over yet!!!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy that you post some updates. Your kids are gorgeous and I am happy that everything is moving to the right direction with God's help. Blessings.

A Team said...

THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE!

Eyob melts my heart. I have video of the kids singing while at HH in ET and I was so drawn to see Eyob. He had me at hello... or Salom :-)

Abel is precious! Him and my Abel are so close in age. My Abel will be 6 months on Monday. When is Abel's actual birthday?

Michelle Riggs said...

Oh those smiles! I am so impressed that things are going so well. You have done so much bonding in such a short time. God is good.

We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I have been following your family's adventure for some time, you are such an encouragement and inspiration. I just received referral for 2 boys, 2 years, and 2mos.). I have learned great things from you, and copied such great scriptures to help me through. Thank you so much and congratulations. Your family is beautiful. In the grip of His grace - Kim (ksseitz@excite.com)

Michael and Michelle said...

I was so happy to see an update!! Your boys are beautiful!
They look like tons of FUN!
Michelle

Sara said...

Thank God for filling in our gaps!

Btw, we decided to not push for 2 children and are ok with one (the birth order issue). I am already imagining though that we will go through this whole process again a few years down the road.

Debbie said...

This journey has so many rewards, but those rewards can be challenging to obtain at times. You certainly have two handsome little boys and I hope to meet them soon.

Erica said...

Beautiful. Thank you for the update. I've been praying for your sweet family during this adjustment period. Your boys are gorgeous, it thrills my heart to read this. I love your candid honesty.

Anonymous said...

I have not seen such a gorgeous family in a long, long time. I know you realize this, but you are BLESSED!

A Team said...

HOW ARE THINGS???

Nikki said...

Hi Heather- have you gotten my emails? I have not heard back from you and would love to get your blog finished up.
Thanks!

Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Riggs said...

I love your blogs new look. How are things going?