Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Great Outdoors!

Daddy outside, Dixie ca ca, Amelia step in it!! That is an example of Eyob's English. . . .all the important information, in no particular order:)

Wow, the boys have been home for four months already! We have been doing all the summer fun stuff and have found so much joy sharing in all of Eyob's firsts. Some of those firsts include his first time to the lake and fishing, as well as his first time horse back riding! He has been obsessed with horses from the very first time he saw one. A sweet friend let us ride their horses one evening last week. It was so very exciting for Eyob, Amelia, and Elaina.

The boys are doing wonderful. We still have our struggles, but things are amazing for only being home for four months. It is easy to forget that it has only been four months and somethings I find myself expecting more. My love grows each day with each experience we share with the boys; I am enjoying watching God's perfect plan play out in my life.

"God had planned something better for us so that only together with Him would they be made perfect." Hebrews 11:40


Checking out the lake!
Amelia taking one last peek!
Elaina, Alison, Amelia, and Eyob doing some hiking!
Alison and Amelia
Eyob and his "trees"!
Getting ready to do some fishing!
Our beautiful Abel baby!
Daddy helping Eyob with his very first cast of the fishing pole!

Eyob was in heaven on the top of this horse, Rosie!
Elaina is a country girl at heart!
Eyob "leading" Amelia on the pony!
Eyob loved the little white pony, Sugar!

8 comments:

Sara said...

Does Eyob ever stop smiling? And I love Abel's little teeth!

A Team said...

Your Abel is precious!!! and he looks a lot like my Abel but my Abel has LOTS MORE HAIR... where is your Abel's hair :-)

Your entire family is PRECIOUS!

I love how Eyob had all the information ... TOO CUTE!

I love reading your posts! I seriously think your Eyob could be a model! WAIT... your whole family could be models!

Anonymous said...

, love keeping up with your family, and how you have glorified the Father throughout this adoption. It is such encouragement for me as we get ready to leave Aug 16, to pick up our 2 new boys, Micah 2, and Daniel 6 months. We will now be a family of 7! Thank you. Kim ksseitz@excite.com

David and Marianne said...

Found a moment to read about your story : ) What a beautiful family! I am thrilled that we met today in Aldi's... I will definitely be telling my friend about you and your journey to your sons! Just precious and once again filled with awe for our great God!

David and Marianne said...

Heather, just wanted to let you know my friend's name is Davett. I think she tried to email you yesterday... she's so excited to talk to you! : ) They are so ready to begin the process but just want to find exactly where the Lord wants them.

We will be praying for your family as you continue to adjust and bond!
Blessings, Marianne

Michelle Riggs said...

You have such a beaautiful family. I love seeing new pictures.

Thanks for praying for Abby.

The Fab 5 said...

It's getting cold out you better come in from the great outdoors soon!!!

2 boys said...

Hi Heather!

I'm not sure you will remember me as a year or two younger than you. I grew up in Danvers...Kim Carlson. (maiden name)

I ran across your blog and think it is amazing what you have done. Your kids are so adorable! I actually saw your daughter in hs play v-ball a few weeks ago in Prairie Central vs Oly game. My husband is the freshman coach for Prairie Central's team. Anyways, I think it is wonderful you have adopted 2 beautiful children. Congratulations! :)

Kim