Sunday, June 29, 2008

PRAISING JESUS. . . and so PROUD of my kids!

Today was a day to PRAISE JESUS in the Needles' house!

It started with Eyob. . . he has never wanted to go to nursery or Sunday School at church since coming home. We made attempts for the simply fact that in church I would become his favorite play thing; he would climb ALL OVER me, lay on me, kiss on me, hug on me, and I would leave church each Sunday with a new hair-do that he had given me during service. My husband and I were looking forward to getting back to Sunday School without having to worry about Eyob as well! Eyob would scream out of control if we tried to leave him, so obviously we didn't. WELL, today we were walking into service after leaving Abel and Amelia in nursery and Eyob says, "I go too!" pointing back to the nursery. I say, "Eyob would like to go to nursery with Amelia?" "YES!" Praise Jesus for whatever reason today Eyob was ready for us to leave him in the nursery; he ran in and had the best time. He was having such a good time that I heard him a number of times squealing and laughing all the way in the sanctuary :) PRAISE JESUS!

Then there is my Miss Alison . . . She has a friend named Abby who has faced many struggles this past year at home and school. She always looked to Alison for friendship. I didn't let Alison do things with her because she was making poor decisions and is a couple years older than Alison. We did always allow Abby to come over and hang out and she seemed to enjoy the whole family. Abby lost her Aunt a year ago this past January. Her aunt was her rock in life, because her relationship with her parents lacks communication and can be abusive. When school was over this year Abby went to North Carolina to spend the summer with her other Aunt. This morning after church Alison received this text message from Abby. . .
"I have to tell you something. . . .On January fifth. . . I lost everything. And I lost God! Today . . . I found Him :) with the help of everything that you've been doing and telling me. I found HIM!"

Is that not the most precious? It brought me to tears and again I'm PRAISING JESUS! I'm a mom so proud of my kids and so thankful for the work God is doing in their lives!

9 comments:

The Fab 5 said...

Hooray for Eyob. But oh my gosh chills came over my body when I ready your last paragraph. God is good all the time just like the VBS song last year. What an awesome example Ali has been to Abby. Just like always God is never early never late just right on time. Have a great week.

The Fab 5 said...

Hooray for Eyob. But oh my gosh chills came over my body when I ready your last paragraph. God is good all the time just like the VBS song last year. What an awesome example Ali has been to Abby. Just like always God is never early never late just right on time. Have a great week.

Michelle Riggs said...

I love reading your blog and seeing your families pictures. God has blessed your family.

Eyob is doing beautifully. He has such a sweet spirit.

The Gresham Clan said...

Wow, what a powerful story and hooray for Eyob!! God works in Big and small ways! So great to see that God is continually at work in your family and that you are all doing so well!!

Kristin

Gretchen Magruder said...

hey - it was great meeting your beautiful family at the picnic on Sunday...and I'll have to remember that we have the Mark Fishel/Minier connection!!

Three2Five said...

That is sooo beautiful! I got goose bumps. Thanks for the encouragement! We were really praying about what is best for our family but also what is best for Wesley who will be a new big brother.

The Fab 5 said...

Hello where is my new slide show???? I am not a patient woman. You act like you have six kids or something:-)!!

C said...

We all saw the POWER in prayer and fasting when we as a blog family took a day to do this for the hold on some of the Ethiopia adoptions.. SO I feel that we as a blog family need to do this for Margot (Julies' mom) SO please join me this Friday July 25,2008 for a day of fasting and prayer for Margots healing!!!!
C
"For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers."
1 Peter 3:12

Our Princess said...

I've been "stalking" your blog for awhile now (I think I found it through Tracie A's blog). We are waiting to travel to pick up our 4 year old little girl from Hannah's Hope. We have a picture of her with her birthmom & we've been struggling with the place that this picture should have in our home & in our life. Tonight I remembered when you posted the picture of you all with the boys'birthmother & I thought I would drop by to see if you would mind sharing your thoughts & how you all are doing the picture situation. I am so honored to have a picture of our little girl with her birthmother, & I want to honor it but I also want to be sensitive to this for our little girl. You can email me at nkmize at yahoo.com if you have a minute to share your thoughts. Thank you!
Karey
www.princessadoption.blogspot.com