Monday, February 18, 2008

Have you ever been in AWE of God?

awe noun, having the mind fixed on something with a mixture of delight and deep emotion caused by something extraordinary. (...Something extraordinary created by my amazing God!)

I mean really in AWE of Him! Do we ever really give ourselves the opportunity to be in awe of God? I STAND IN AWE OF GOD. For the last four weeks I have been awed by my Maker. This adoption has taught me many, many things. The most important being how to let God work in my life! As I reflect on how I came to this point in my life it really all makes sense; God was working towards this place and I didn't even recognize it! I think that is the case most of the time; we fail to see what God is doing in our lives from day to day!

I stand in awe of our new toddler son; where was I the day he was born? What was going on in my life 3 plus years ago when my son was born? I know that is when the seed of adoption became deeply rooted in my heart because of some life experiences I was going through. Little did I know that my son was already in the works and was being given a name that would fit perfectly in our family. My four girls have an "E" "A" pattern with their names: Erica, Alison, Elaina, and Amelia. I stand in awe of God paying attention to such a small detail like the letters in my son's name; he was given his name with an "E" because he was to be a Needles. I stand in awe of my baby with an "A", because a little over three years later my second son would be born and given the name "A" because he too would become a Needles. AWED!

I stand in awe of how God has orchestrated my life's journey to bring me to this place, but isn't that what He does? We just fail to recognize it! I think it's like this: when we are seeking the will of God by faith then we will be awed! God desires to WOW us; we just don't give Him the opportunity to do so. I am awed by the boy's birth mother, who has made the most sacrificial decision a mother could make in this life: the decision to give up her children with the hope of a better future for them. Then God looked to me and said, "You are this mother's hope for her children." But, I feel I am so undeserving and so under qualified...however, I'm deserving and qualified because God said I am. It is because of His grace and mercy that I am. Not because I'm something special, but because God showers me with His grace and mercy.

I have to tell you though...I really don't want to let their mother down! I want to do my best for these boys and for her. I feel like I have a lot to live up to. I also know the only way that is going to happen is with God. I'm writing this so I never forget how awed I was in my Maker and for my boys. I want them to know how awed I was to receive them, I want them to know how awed I am by their birth mother. She is a special woman, a woman that will live in my heart forever. She is a woman I will pray for always and think of often, a woman whom I am indebted to because of the special gift she gave me when she gave up her precious sons, because of a hope and dream that was in her heart. I encourage us all to take the opportunity to be AWED; even by the small things this life holds!

I want to congratulate
Tracie and her family; they just returned home from Ethiopia with their beautiful son, Abel! I know she is a woman in awe of her God! I am so thankful to her, as she took amazing pictures of the boys while in Ethiopia. I am staring at them in AWE!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog posting and I agree 100% with you. God is giving us the opportunity to live one of the most wonderful experiences of our life.

Cyndi said...

This was such a wonderful post! I was just sitting in awe of Him this morning, too. He is so, so good. All the time.

Thank you for this today!

Coming to Amharica said...

Beautiful!

I am in awe of God by our referral too. In the days following our referral I just kept saying, "I can't believe his name is ____." I had written that name in my journal and that is our baby's name!

I am in awe of your boys' names. God speaks to us during times like that in ways like that....I have no doubt. What a beautiful miraculous story.

Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

Wat an amazing God we serve. Our little boy has been home for 3 months now and I am still learning so much through this process of adoption. If you ever need anything when you get home, or before, please feel free to email me. Bringing home a toddler is hard and I would love to talk with you if you would like. By the way, boys are awesome and you are going to have so much fun, double the fun with two!!!!! God bless you.
Traci

Anonymous said...

ooops! I forgot to include my email address... just in case...
btarms@hotmail.com
Traci

Erica said...

Absolutely beautiful post! What an AWEsome God we serve!! I'm excited to watch your blog as you prepare to travel to pick up your sweet boys.

Michael and Michelle said...

Thank you for celebrating with us! It's so nice to have blogging friends, who understand just what we are going through.
I really desire Gods will be done with this adoption. Waiting is hard, but I trust God has a perfect time-line for us and our family!
Can't wait to hear travel news for you!
Michelle

Holli said...

I have been reading your blog on and off for a while.... my sister inlaw just emailed me out your fundraiser (through Brandy) so I click on the blog thinking I would see a blog I never read but it is you..... - my husband went to olymipa and we have many friends in miner. What a small world! We are praying for your journey, your fundraiser and your sons!
CONGRATS!!!
We are also adopting - siblings/twins.... our paper work hopefully will be done in a couple weeks!!! And we will offically be waiting!

Michael and Michelle said...

Were you on the sibling waiting list at all or did AGCI just know that you were open to two children?? I'm just wondering if there are others on the wait list that are open to two but not on the sibling wait list?? I know at least family that is open to twins, so I'm wondering if that makes them #1 for siblings or not.
Sorry I'm just rambling on now.
I'm still on a "I'm a number high" right now!!!
Still very excited,
Michelle