Monday, March 31, 2008

A Family ONLY God Can Create....

This picture represents a family. . . .A family created by my Creators hands. One of the most amazing moments was when we met the boys' birth mother and their older brother. The love this woman holds for her children is the most selfless love; we all could learn something from women like her! One of the questions I asked her was. . . .What dreams do you have for the boys that we could help to fulfill? What is your vision for them? The answer was so simple and will live with me forever. . . ."I come from nothing, anything is better than what I can do!" When she said that all I hear her say is. . . I am nothing! That women has no idea how amazing she is; she will truly live with me daily through the boys. I will forever feel her in my arms; I am blessed to have been able to wrap my arms around her.

The young man holding Eyob is their brother, he is nine years old. His tears broke my heart; that young man will grow up with nothing, but it is my prayer that he grows up to know that he is something! We will be sponsoring him through Hannah's Hope, he should get the care and education he needs. I also pray that one day he will make a trip to America.

I have so much to share, but in all honesty I am still digesting all I have experienced. We are transitioning pretty well. Abel is so happy and full of joy and contentment. . . . and there is a reason for this:) Eyob is a wonderful, free spirited young man. He has a lot to learn and rediscover; he is making great strides each day. These great strides are not without great, long battles though. My husband and I have committed to winning this war, because Eyob deserves it!! There will be good days and better days to come. . . .today was a good day:)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I checked as soon as we got home from school today!!!!!!!!! Ok I finally believe you that you really have them!! They are beautiful little boys. I can't wait to squeeze them on thursday!! Have a wonderful first week home.

The Redman's said...

Welcome home!!! What an amazing picture and moment you got to share with their birth mother-- I can imagine how bitter sweet it was, though. Enjoy readjusting with all your kids!!

-Suzi

The Redman's said...

By the way.... your boys are GORGEOUS!!!!

Unknown said...

Welcome home. God bless the kids. What a wonderful experience.

A Team said...

WOW... I AM BLOWN AWAY. Oh my goodness... OH HEATHER... I am so excited for you!! I know it's going to be difficult but SO WORTH EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF IT.

Your boys are PRECIOUS!
I was in awe of them while we were at Hannah's Hope and am in even more awe of them in your arms!!!

Maybe one day, we'll get our Abel's together... HOW PRECIOUS!!!

I am SO EXCITED! for you!!!!

Tracie

Cyndi said...

Oh, they are BEAUTIFUL!!! And what an incredible, incredible story. I love this picture and what it represents. God is clearly at work, and has been all along, weaving together a family and a story that will bring Him much glory. I've been praying for all of you.

Michael and Michelle said...

Heather,
I am so emotional right now....I don't know what to say.
I cried the second I saw your picture and cried while reading your post.
I am so excited for a referral and travel, yet my heart is broken for all of the biological mothers and fathers.
Your boys are beautiful!!!
I am so thankful for adoption! I am also so thankful that those boys will learn about the Lord! That is what really matters!
I can't wait to hear more!!!
Michelle

Coming to Amharica said...

Welcome home!!! What a blessing to be able her. The boys are so handsome and you two look great....not like you spent hours on end in an airplane!?!?!

Good to have you back.
Dee Dee

obligato said...

Oh Heather, i checked your blog a million times. I love what u wrote. I too had a similar experience with the birth mother. Very hard but amazing. Ethiopia will be with me forever as will she. Lets talk soon. xoxox Julie

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

So glad to see your post! What a beautiful family picture. Simply beautiful!
God be with you and please let me know if I can help with some adjustment stuff with your little man!
Smiles,
jen in MI

stacnjul said...

Wow, what a beautiful moment caught! We too had a to leave behind our daughters sibling with eyes full of tears, I sometimes wish I knew God's full plan. We will keep you in our prayers, it is not an easy journey, but oh so wonderful too:)
~Julia

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

I'm leaving another comment because I can not believe how beautiful this picture is. The boys and their momma are so beautiful! Bless her heart. May the Lord keep her and her son safe!
love,
jen

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful family. Congratulations!

Sharon

Melinda said...

Wow! What an amazing picture of how wonderful our God is! Adoption is such a beautiful, but yet painful thing. It is so amazing the selfless love these mother's have for their children. I will be praying for your adjustment with both boys. It is trying at times, but so worth it. God bless!

Erica said...

What an incredible picture! You are absolutely right, it takes a long time to process that trip. Seven weeks down and I still cry when I think about certain parts.

Your boys are gorgeous, I'm so glad your home safe. Praying for you as you work through the adjustment period. It will get better. :)

Blessings my friend.

Debbie said...

I'm so thrilled to know you were able to meet the boy's birth mother and older brother. That meeting will not only be special to you forever, but also to the boys.

Congratulations on getting them home!

The Marshall's said...

God Bless you and your family. It is amazing to recognize your older son from when we were in Ethiopia in January picking up our daughter Gracie. Almaz told us he and his younger brother had a family and you are that family...so great to put it all together. I remember him riding back to the Union Hotel with us one night with Danny ( the driver). He had my sunglasses on and we have that picture of him in our picture album. I hope to get names and parent names, addresses ect somehow together for our children so that some day.. if the desire, they could somehow connect back to their first sense of "family" and meet some of the children they were at Hannah's Hope with. I am not as great a blogger as a lot of other AGCI moms but I am going to try to start that as my mission!!
Jennie Marshall (Wisconsin)

Kristi J said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I am also adopting from Ethiopia. Your blog inspires me. What a great family. I also have four bio kids, but my oldest is in kindergarten. We'll be busy, but so blessed by God to be able to adopt our new child. Thanks for encouraging others to adopt,
Kristi Johnson
www.weloveourlucy.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

That is a beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous said...

Wow- so this post got me. What a story...I just can't imagine. What a total blessing to be able to meet and talk with her.

Gotta go read on...
Abby(we met at McD's)